Mahila Yojana-B benefits and know complete process
Women Scientist Scheme-B : Research grant by MoST for women candidates on break in their careers interested in addressing societal challenges through viable S&T interventions.
The scheme will provide research grants for a well-defined project proposal for a maximum period of three years. The grant will cover the cost of the applicant’s fellowship and small equipment, incidentals, travel, consumables, etc. Institutional overhead charges will be additional.
Women scientists who wish to apply under this scheme are required to develop their own projects/proposals so that they can improve the quality of life at grassroots level.c
The proposal should clearly demonstrate the social benefit to be accrued through a well-conceived plan for the development of technology/technique and/or adaptation/customization. Candidate should have adequate S&T skills and be proficient in techniques to deliver the proposed result.
Benefits of Women Scientist Scheme-B
55,000/- pm (and HRA applicable) or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding 30 lakhs (excluding HRA and overhead)) for Ph.D.
40,000/- pm (and HRA applicable) for M.Phil./MTech or equivalent (Total project cost not exceeding ₹ 25 lakhs (excluding HRA and overhead)
31,000/- pm (and HRA applicable) or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding 20 lakhs (excluding HRA and overhead)) for M.Sc.
Project costs include Principal Investigator (PI), consumables, travel, incidentals and minor equipment but excluding HRA and overheads.
Eligibility for Women Scientist Scheme-B
- Applicant must be female.
- The applicant should be either unemployed or holding posts other than regular/permanent posts.
- Applicant’s age should be between 27 and 57 years (relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged candidates)
Applicant must possess one of the following minimum essential qualifications
- Minimum Post Graduate Degree, equivalent to M.Sc. Basic or Applied Science or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualification;
- M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.VSc or equivalent qualification; c) Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Science.
Female candidates employed on regular/permanent posts are not eligible to apply.
Application Process for Women Scientist Scheme-B
Step 1: Register at the online portal https://online-wosa.gov.in/wosb/
Step 2: After logging into the WOS-B portal, fill and submit the complete project proposal under WOS-B. Project Proposal Document (PPD) involves online submission and uploading of required documents in the format mentioned above.
Step 3: Preview your entire proposal before submission to make sure everything is correct and in order. You will not be allowed to edit the contents after submission.
Step 4: You need to click on “Final Submit” button for final submission of proposal. Your proposal has to be saved with your login id and can be saved in the system and also printed.
Send a hard copy of the submitted proposal to the address given below, superscribing the envelope with ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B)’
- Mrs. Namita Gupta
- Scientist-‘G’, Department of Radiation
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016.
Download Official Scheme Online: Click Here
Required Documents for Women Scientist Scheme-B
- Project Proposal Document (refer to source for format)
- Resume of P (Signed) (Refer to Sources for Format)
- Mentor’s Resume (Signed)
- Caste Certificate (if SC/ST/OBC/PH)
- DOB Certificate (10th pass only)
- Pic of PI
- Signature of PI
- highest degree
- House Rent Allowance (if eligible) (refer source for format)