PM Ujjwala Yojana: PM Ujjwala Yojana Free Gas Connection 2023, Know here benefits of the scheme and documents required for application
PM Ujjwala Yojana: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana : The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has been launched by the government long back to give freedom to Indian women to cook on the stove and this scheme is being updated from time to time. Specifically, the government has considered only women eligible to benefit from this scheme. Therefore, whenever an application is made in this scheme, the gas cylinder is issued only in the name of women. If you are still cooking food on the stove, you should also get a free gas cylinder under this scheme. Let us know on this page “What is PM Ujjwala Yojana” and “How to Apply in PM Ujjwala Yojana.”
PM Ujjwala Yojana: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Objective of PM Ujjwala Yojana
With this scheme, the government is running with many objectives. The aim of the government is to give freedom to women from cooking on the stove because there are many families in our country who are not in good economic condition. Women in such families have to use wood stoves for cooking. Harmful smoke from wood stoves adversely affects the health of women and children and other members of the household. That is why the government is giving LPG cylinders under the scheme to promote LPG fuel, so that women stop cooking on stoves, so that they are not harmed by harmful fumes, and also to save the environment from pollution.
Eligibility under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Only Indian women can apply in this scheme.
- Female applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Women coming below poverty line can apply in this scheme.
- The applicant should have a bank account.
- Women should not already have any LPG connection in their name.
Beneficiary of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The beneficiaries of the scheme will be those whose names appear in the 2011 Socio-Economic Census.
- All Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe families of Pradhan Mantri Grameen Awas Yojana will be beneficiaries of this scheme.
- People living below poverty line will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Antyodaya card holders will also be beneficiaries of the scheme.
- Most of the backward classes, tea and tea plantation tribes, living in the island will be the beneficiaries of this scheme.
Benefits of PM Ujjwala Yojana
- Women coming below the poverty line in the country will be benefited from this scheme.
- Under this scheme, free LPG gas connection will be allotted by the government in the name of women.
- Women aged 18 years or above will be eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- Getting gas cylinders under this scheme will make it easier for women to cook.
- Due to this scheme, there will be less cooking on stoves in the country, due to which less harmful smoke will be released into the atmosphere and the environment will be safer.
- The launch of this scheme will reduce the number of deaths due to the effects of smoke on food.
- The scheme will also reduce health related problems among young children.
- With the introduction of this scheme, large-scale cutting of firewood for cooking food on hearth earlier will be reduced. Deforestation will also be largely halted.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Free Sewing Machine Yojana, the government is helping women to start their own employment by providing free sewing machines.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana documents
- Photo copy of Aadhaar Card
- Photo copy of voter ID card
- Photo copy of BPL ration card
- Aadhar card number of all family members
- Passport size color photograph
- Photocopy of Residence Certificate
- Photocopy of caste certificate
- Jan Dhan Bank Account Information
PM Ujjwala Yojana gets 2 cylinders free to 38 lakh people every year
A few days before Diwali, the Gujarat government has given a wonderful gift to the beneficiaries of Ujjwala Yojana of the state of Gujarat. Under this, the government has announced to give 2 gas cylinders absolutely free every year to about 38 lakh beneficiaries. Not only this, the government has also reduced the VAT on PNG and CNG in Gujarat by 10%.
Offline Application in PM Ujjwala Scheme
- To apply offline in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, women first have to take photocopies of all their required documents and then they have to go to the nearest gas cylinder distribution agency with the photocopies.
- After going to the gas cylinder distribution agency, they have to get the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana application form from the employee present there.
- After receiving the application form, they have to enter all the information required inside the application form in their designated space. Like Aadhaar Card Number, Mobile Number, Name, Address etc.
- After entering all the information, inside the application form, women have to place their signature or thumb impression at a specific place.
- Now attach photo copies of your required documents with this application form.
- Now taking the application form along with the documents, you have to submit it to the concerned employee in the gas distribution agency.
- Now all your documents and your application form will be verified by the gas agency employee and if everything is fine then LPG connection will be allotted in your name within 10 days to 12 days, the information of which will be received on your phone number by phone or by SMS.
- Now you have to go to the gas agency and get your gas booking passbook.
- This way you can apply offline in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Official Website
- An official website has been launched by the central government to apply online in PM Ujjwala Yojana, which you can reach by clicking on this link.
Online Application in PM Ujjwala Yojana
- To apply online in PM Ujjwala Yojana, first of all you have to open the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in any browser.
- After reaching the official website, you have to click on the option appearing on the home page of the website with the link “Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana”. Doing so will open a dialog box on your screen.
- You have to select one of the given options in the dialog box that opens on your screen.
- After selecting any one option, a new page opens on your screen, in which you are asked for information like distributor name, your name, your address, mobile number and pin code etc.
- After entering all the information, you have to scan and upload all the documents in digital format by clicking on the option containing Upload Document.
- Now you have to click on apply option which appears below. In this way one can apply online in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
PM Ujjwala Yojana Portability Registration
- To register, first of all you have to open the OMC website in any browser and go to the home page of the website.
- After going to the homepage, you have to register yourself.
- Now you have to login to the portal with the help of user id and password.
- After login, a list of distributors will open on your screen.
- You also see information related to the distributor’s refill delivery performance from the list.
- You have to select the distributor according to your requirement from this list.
- You will now receive an email confirming your portability request.
- PM Ujjwala Yojana Official Website: View